Chinese Student Visa
- Issued to a person whose intent in China is for study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period longer than 6 (six) months. Person coming to China for less than 6 (six) months shall use an F Visa.
Requirements for US Citizens
- US valid/signed passport in good condition (must not expire in less than six months) with at least one blank visa pages (Note: pages 22, 23, 24 are NOT visa pages) Need Rush Passport Services? Click Here
- One visa application form signed, completely filled out informing purpose of the trip
- One recent 2in X 2in passport type photo
- An approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW201 or JW202) issued by the authorized Chinese unit, and an enrollment letter from the Chinese school.
- Applicant who will study in China for more than one year shall also provide a Physical Examination Certificate for Foreign Citizen (.pdf file, Right Click to download)
- Applicant whom was born in China and now holds another foreign passport, is required to submit their Chinese passport with a Chinese visa.
- Processing fees for visa
Entries Validity Processing Time Consulate Fees Our Fees Total Single and Double 3 Months 4 Days $140.00 $39.00 $179.00 48 Hours $160.00 $59.00 $219.00
- Either a self addressed stamped envelope to return the visa to you or $25 for FedEx return of visa.
Applications and other forms
Click here to download the visa application form
Simply right click on the link and click on "save as" to save to your computer.
Click here to download the Master Visa Service order form
This file is a Word file that can be opened with Microsoft Word. A PDF File is also available.
Ready to send your documents? Click here to download a check list
This file is a PDF file that can be opened with Acrobat Reader
Mailing addressSend your documents to:
Master Visa Service
230 South Clark St. Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60604
Credit Card PaymentsCredit Card payment is accepted with a 3% charge of your total order.
- We suggest that you send all your documents using UPS, FedEx, US Post Office Express Mail or US Post Office Priority mail with Delivery Confirmation. Please DO NOT use US Post Office Certified Mail since it will take 10-15 days to deliver.
- If you have chosen to use US Post Office Regular mail or Priority Mail without Confirmation to send OR return your passport, we are not responsible for delays, lost mail and lost Passports.
- Please note that all fees are non-refundable once we have successfully submitted your documents
- Processing times listed above are the time that the Chinese Consulate takes to process the visa. This does not include delivery and return times.
- Visa is valid for one entry within 90 days. American citizens may apply for multiple entries for twelve (12) months for an extra $50 (fifty). Visa Holders shall go through residential procedures with the local public security department within China